Everyone needs a trusted friend who will tell it like it is. You don’t need friends who hype up your partner while secretly thinking that you deserve better. You might not want the truth to be brutal, but that doesn’t mean you don’t appreciate honesty, especially when someone delivers it kindly.
If you don’t have a trusted friend like that, let the following video serve that purpose for you. There are some harsh truths in life that you may not be hearing from your closest friends and confidants. Sometimes, a painful truth can be a catalyst for amazing personal growth.
Are you ready? For my conflict-avoidant celestial signs, buckle up, buttercup. These 12 harsh truths are here to make your life better, not hurt your feelings.
Did any of these truths resonate with you? As you go through life, you’ll likely discover some for yourself. You might learn the hard way, or you might benefit from the wisdom of someone else’s experience. Either way, if you are willing to endure a little discomfort in the form of growing pains, you just might reap rewards beyond your wildest imaginings.
A happy life awaits. In fact, science also suggests the following strategies to help you live a happier life.
- Be grateful. People who express more gratitude are naturally happier. Spend a few minutes every day thinking about something or someone you appreciate, if you can. It’ll raise your happiness quotient.
- Be kind. If you really want to live a happy life, show kindness to others. Engaging in random acts of kindness has proven beneficial to your own happiness. You can buy someone’s coffee in line one morning, hold open a door to let someone pass through, or just offer a friendly smile and word of encouragement. Daily kindness could contribute to your daily happiness.
- Be mindful. The practice of mindfulness has been linked to greater happiness. If you stay present in the moment, you’re less likely to be agonizing over the past or worrying about the future. Mindfulness helps you be more conscious, aware, and intentional–and can even make you happy.
- Be in nature. Go outdoors. Spend time in nature. Research has shown that it’s really good for you and can even contribute to your overall levels of happiness.
- Be well rested. It’s unsurprising that getting more sleep contributes to greater happiness. After all, no one feels particularly happy when exhausted. Getting enough sleep each day is just one of those happiness habits you’ll be glad you embraced.
- Be a friend. Having strong social support has been linked to greater happiness. It might not be easy to make friends as adults, but it is certainly worth the time when it contributes to your overall joy. Take the time to make a friend, call a friend you already have, or spend time with a beloved family member.
- Be active. Research has shown that regular movement can help you feel happier. You might not be the biggest exercise enthusiast but even finding gentle movement in your day could be the key to greater life enjoyment. Plus, it’s good for your body and will help you feel good, too.
- Be kind – to yourself. A happy life is also created with self-kindness and self-compassion. Forgive yourself for making mistakes. Hey, you’re human, and that comes with the territory. Learning to be self-loving and kind will help you live a happier life.
These happiness tips combined with some harsh truths just might be what you needed to hear today. If these resonated for you, pass them on. It could be the message someone else is waiting to hear. Don’t let this chance to spread happiness pass you by! After all, sharing is caring, and it could just make you happier.
Copyright 2023 Soulvibe.com